Nurse Practitioner:Full Time and Part Time hours available
Job Reference: 16/NP
Who are we?
NHS 24 is Scotland's national telehealth and telecare service, responsible for the delivery of clinical assessment and triage, health advice and information by telephone and online services to the population of Scotland, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Specifically, the role of NHS 24 is to:
• triage calls, assess patients' symptoms and refer them to the most appropriate healthcare professional within an appropriate timescale based on clinical need
• work in partnership with local health services provided by NHS Boards, NHS staff organisations and local communities through integration with other parts of the NHS including, the Primary Care OutofHours Services provided by NHS Boards throughout Scotland, the Scottish Ambulance Service and the Acute Hospitals' Accident and Emergency Departments
• support the health improvement agenda across Scotland by working in partnership with local boards to provide where and when required, utilising our IT telephony and infrastructure to benefit patients 24 hours a day
• provide an invaluable service everyday, primarily during the out of hours period, delivered by our clinicians within the guiding principles of excellence in care
Who are you?
We're looking to recruit experienced Nurse Practitioners to join our healthcare teams across Scotland. As part of a national service, an NHS 24 Nurse Practitioner will:
• be the first clinical point of contact for the people of Scotland to access healthcare in out of hours periods
• be able to work autonomously with access to decision support software and real-time clinical support
• conduct patient assessment remotely via telephone
• use your clinical knowledge and expertise in conjunction with listening, questioning and probing skills to triage patients in your care to safe clinically appropriate outcomes
• work alongside other healthcare professionals such as pharmacists, physiotherapists and doctors to deliver a seamless journey for patients across Scotland
• be looking for an opportunity to develop your practice at the interface of Unscheduled & Emergency care
• be registered as adult nurses on Part 1 of the NMC
• support the organisation to deliver unscheduled care in a multi-channel environment
Our centres and available hours
Find out detailed information on the rotas available in our main, local and remote centres please visit our website: http://www.nhs24.com/jobs/band-6-nurse-practitioner-scotland-wide
NHS 24 provides a comprehensive training programme to all successful applicants. Our Induction programme lasts 4 weeks, 37.5 hours per week, followed by a further 4 weeks supported learning. During the first six months of employment, you will be supported to complete one Clinical Professional Development session per month.
NHS 24 offers a complete benefits package, with a permanent contract on Band 6 £26,565– £35,577 pro rata plus enhancements for out of hours and weekend working and enrolment into the SPPA pension scheme. Placement on salary scale is dependent on confirmation of previous relevant NHS service.
We also offer you many supportive policies to enhance your experience of working with us, such as:
• Employee Assistance Programme,
• childcare vouchers,
• bursary scheme and
• a range of learning and development opportunities (i.e. Access to Minor Injuries course)
Working Time Directive:
Where you choose to combine working with NHS 24 and another employer, please note that NHS 24 complies with the Working Time Directive regulations of staff working no more than 48 hours per week on average across all employments.
For any queries in relation to this vacancy, please contact a member of the HR Business Support Team:
Telephone: 0141 337 4562, or,
Text: NHS 24 16/NP followed by your e-mail address to 81400.
The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 10th June 2016 at 5pm however, you are encouraged to submit their applications as soon as possible.
To download an application form please visit www.nhs24.com/jobs.
Please note that:
• we cannot accept CV applications.
• email applications must be sent as a MS Word document, we cannot access links to SkyDrive files
• NHS 24 is committed to Equality & Diversity