The Human Resources and Organisational Development Team (HR and OD) is moving to a new service model, bringing together all its specialist services into a single team which will work together in a proactive and patient focused way.
We will deliver workforce innovation and change in the challenging and dynamic world of healthcare provision. Actively promoting organisational values and the development of NHSGGC's behaviours and culture, we will work in support of person centred care and ensure our workforce has the skills and competence to deliver high quality patient care.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual to contribute to the development of the Learning and Education service within NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde. This is an exciting time for the service as we shape our delivery approach and encourage innovation and the development of learning and education practice throughout our work streams.
You will provide Learning and Education support to senior HR colleagues and Partnerships management teams, commissioning support from within the wider Learning and Education Service as required, to meet local service demands. The role will also undertake an NHSGGC wide project role and will provide Learning and Education support to other local services as required. As expected in a Board with a wide geographic spread, the role will require multi site working using hot desks as an Agile worker.
Our benefits package includes pension scheme, a comprehensive range of work life balance policies, occupational health services, library resource centres and discounted leisure, financial and shopping benefits.
• An experienced Learning and Education professional with the ability to demonstrate full chartered membership of CIPD or equivalent with evidence of CPD, you will have excellent inter-personal skills and be able to work with health and social care professionals in NHS and Local Authority settings.
• You will be able to demonstrate excellent organisational skills.
• Applicants should be educated to degree level or equivalent and hold a relevant Post Graduate Qualification.
• High level leadership, project management, negotiation, influencing, problem solving, presentation skills demonstrating an ability to work confidently with directors, managers and staff at all levels
You will have experience in the required skill set:
• Customer focused with strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work with staff at all levels
• Significant experience at practitioner level with experience in a learning/development/teaching role with evidence of designing, developing, delivering and evaluating programmes of learning
• Competence in Microsoft Office tools i.e. Outlook, Word, Power Point, Excel
• Deliver presentations, learning and development initiatives using AV media and equipment
• Able to manage a number of simultaneous tasks with the same level of focus and concentration
• Analytical skills for processing and contextualising organisational data
• Attention to detail
• Should have the ability to work across many different projects with different priorities, managing the conflicting demands that this entails, negotiating and influencing customers and suppliers in terms of timescales and deadlines
• Strong team player
Full and part time applications will be considered
Candidates wishing to apply on a secondment basis should seek the support of their current line manager prior to submitting their application