NHS EDUCATION FOR SCOTLAND
SENIOR OFFICER - PROJECTS
Agenda for Change Band 5; £22, 218 to £28, 746 per annum
Full Time; 37.5 hours per week
Maternity Leave cover for up to 12 months
Who We Are
NHS Education for Scotland (NES) is an education and training body and a special health board within NHS Scotland, with responsibility of developing and delivering education and training for the healthcare workforce in Scotland. The core function of the Nursing, Midwifery and Allied Health Professions Directorate (NMAHP) is to support the education, training and continuing professional development of nurses, midwives, allied health professionals, health and social care chaplains and their support workers.
What You'll Do
We are looking for a Senior Officer to provide a full and effective comprehensive range of high level administrative support, which will enable the NMAHP Directorate to fulfil its function to a high quality standard.
Key Tasks will include but will not be limited to:
· Providing a high level of pro-active administrative support to a senior management team, answering queries in their absence and assisting them in their advisory roles.
· Providing project management support, where applicable. Planning and organising a variety of tasks, including the involvement in multiple projects and programmes of work.
· Coordinating and contributing to the production of risk registers, operational plans, reports, communications, minutes, course evaluations, promotional materials and statistics.
· Supervising the planning and organising of training courses, teaching programmes, workshops and/or public events.
What You'll Bring
This will include but is not limited to:
· Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
· Significant experience of providing high level administrative support to a Senior Manager
· Well-developed organisational, communication and negotiation skills including the ability to communicate information on behalf of senior staff verbally and in writing with a range of people
· An awareness of risk management
· Thorough, diligent and approachable – with good attention to detail to ensure a high degree of accuracy
· Ability to operate high degrees of tact and diplomacy at all times.
Please note there will be some requirement to travel between the NES Edinburgh and Glasgow offices. Applicants who wish to apply on a secondment basis are strongly encouraged to discuss this with their current employer at the earliest opportunity.
Informal enquiries may be directed to Lorna Copland, Business Support Manager at email@example.com
Applicants who wish to apply on a secondment basis are strongly encouraged to discuss this with their current employer at the earliest opportunity.
CLOSING DATE: 23 February 2017
INTERVIEW DATE: 15 March 2017
Unless otherwise stated the deadline for applications is 23:59 hours on the closing date.
Applications must be made on line via our website: http://www.nes.scot.nhs.uk/recruitment/nes-vacancies.aspx