Job Title: Forecast & Planning Specialist
Salary: Band 7 £31,696
Location: Cardonald, Glasgow
Hours: 37.5 hours
Job Reference: 16/160
NHS 24 is a 24-hour contact centre service, which provides clinical consultation and information on health for the people of Scotland.
We are looking for an experienced, skilled Forecast & Planning Specialist to join our evolving resource planning team based in Cardonald, Glasgow. Reporting directly into the Operational Planning Manager you will take a leading role in shaping planning across many of the frontline services over the coming years as the organisation evolves and strives for greater efficiency, as well as achieving Service Level targets and KPI's, offering exceptional service to the patients of Scotland.
As an effective, proactive and experienced resourcing specialist, you will provide subject matter expertise in all areas of contact centre planning including forecasting, scheduling and workforce / capacity modelling. Leading on project initiatives, you will be an influential individual who has strong communication and negotiating skills. Being a key player in a new programme of work to offer frontline services guidance and support in the introduction of new approaches to planning and scheduling.
Responsibilities will include:
• Build and maintain workforce / capacity planning models
• Modelling FTE requirements for existing services and or new services / initiatives.
• Analysing and interpreting call volume and AHT data as well as patient behaviour / trend information
• Produce accurate and effective daily, weekly, monthly and interval call volume and AHT forecasts
• Working alongside the NHS 24 real time team, taking a collaborative approach to planning and real time management.
• Planning and managing shrinkage levels in line with agreed targets
• Proactively identify and implement more effective and efficient ways of scheduling frontline resource.
• Influencing and providing subject matter expertise to new planning initiatives and future planning activity
• Be a key player on projects and initiatives which involve resource planning, such as shift reviews, scheduling efficiencies and representing the team in workforce planning discussions.
• Assisting the Operational Planning Manager with adhoc work requests providing best practice and recommendations.
• Formulate actual and future resource requirements to support business decisions around training and recruitment
• Build and maintain effective relationships with Managers at all levels including Director, Executive level.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience required:
• The post holder must be a specialist in contact centre resource planning
• A strong, proficient user of a workforce management tool preferably Total View
• An excellent stakeholder who is an effective communicator at all levels
• Advanced excel skills are essential
• Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
• Ability to create a variety of workforce / capacity models using contact centre modelling calculations and formulas.
• Innovative and proactive approach to change
• Previous experience of working in a pressurised environment, delivering to tight deadlines
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Excellent team player
Working for NHS 24 brings benefits to its employees such as;
• A standard working week of 37.5 Hours
• Holiday entitlement of 27 days per year, plus 8 public holidays, rising to 29 days after 5 years service and 33 days after 10 years service
• Annual salary progression based on NHS Scotland pay scales
• An annual personal development review to support your career aspirations.
NHS 24 also offers many supportive policies to enhance your employee journey, a comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme Provider, generous bursary scheme, range of learning and development opportunities, childcare vouchers and membership of the NHS Pension Scheme.
Values (20/20 Workforce Vision)
The 2020 Workforce Vision Everyone Matters was launched in June 2013.
The Workforce Vision captures the core values of NHS Scotland which are:
• care and compassion
• dignity and respect
• openness, honesty and responsibility
• quality and teamwork.
These values are reflected in everything we do and will be reflected throughout your recruitment journey. For more information on please visit http://www.workforcevision.scot.nhs.uk/